Jun 16, 2005

Under the Influence
I'm trying to finish off a bottle of Graham's Six Grapes I picked up at Costco that's been idling in my fridge for some time now. I think the taste is starting to turn; it's not sour, but it doesn't seem like the original flavour. I'm not sure how long port keeps, though I suspect this is safe. Back when we lived at Burbank, my mom had a bottle of port in the fridge for what seemed like years.

Speaking of Costco, they have San Pellegrino for close to $1 a bottle. This bubbly water reminds me of family vacations in Italy. I still fondly remember the trip to Rome I took with my sister. Next thing you know, I'm sitting in my room, downing glasses of bottled water with bubbles. Yes, that's right, I'm bourgeois.

This morning, er, afternoon, I woke up at 14:00. Now normally even when I work all night, I end up waking naturally to the sun around 10:00. I have no idea how I managed to sleep until the afternoon, but it's incredibly jarring to see the clock say 2 when you expect it to say 10, maybe 11.

As a result, I actually need to get in around 9 tomorrow, and it's now 2. Hopefully Graham will help me out, because All the President's Men kept me awake.

I was originally going to blog about the recent story about a Chinese man (Chinese, as in, in China) who killed an associate over some virtual property in an MMPORG, and the launch of WoW in China.

The last generation of Chinese grew up in the dying throes of Communist China. The next generation will grow up with a partially censored Internet where North American games seep through. We're not only moving towards a global economy, but a global culture of sorts.

In the meantime, I think I will try to make it to work by 9 tomorrow. Wish me luck, I haven't done that in weeks.

No comments: