Mar 7, 2004

Forever the optimist
Working in the States made me actually proud to be Canadian, and I'm not one for nationalism. Reading the Star lately has been a depressing pasttime, with everything that's been going on in Toronto. Random shootings and murders definitely tops the list, especially since San Jose's been running with the title of the safest large city in the US for the past few years. Sometimes I wonder whether it'll still be a place I'll want to move back to.

But to be honest, even if I was in Toronto, I don't know what I'd do. Would I simply dismiss the problem because it's out in Scarborough and not at my doorstep? Do I tell myself it's just a problem with the projects? Would I actually get off my ass and do something about it? Maybe it's time to write a letter to a politician (or am I too cynical to believe that does anything?)

Even Ellie's tip of the day today was depressing (although I must admit it makes it more interesting than the everyday cheery fluff).

Tip of the Day: Waiting for someone to love you is rarely worth the reward.

No comments: